Sunday, September 18, 2011

Introduction


I have kept reptiles as pets for about 4-5 years now. At this point in time I have 2 Bearded Dragons, and 4 snakes. One Stimpson Python, one Centralian Python, one Carpet Python and a Jungle Python. All of the snakes are non-venomous, I do not think I will ever keep venomous snakes as the risk is just a bit too high for me.
 

Over the next few posts I will introduce all off my reptiles. Give a bit of a history in their life so far. I will also give some information on their cages and basic housing guide lines. I am by no means an expert, so don’t take everything you find you find on my blog as gospel. If you are interested in keeping reptiles do your research. There are many good books and websites out there, but if you wish to ask me a question I will do my best to answer it or point you in the right direction.
 

All of my snakes are all kept in separate enclosures as it would be too dangerous to keep them together. They are all different species and different sizes. If they were kept together they may fight causing serious injuries or worse one may end up being dinner for the other. The Bearded Dragons are kept together as they are the same size and much more of a social animal in the wild. Some of the enclosures were purchased form a store or on-line. One of them I purchased from a friend after it had housed one of his snakes for about 15 years. It needed to be renovated and now is just like a new one. The other cage is one that I built from scratch and is a display enclosure in the lounge room, complete with fake rock wall and cave.

I will be discussing every to do with my reptiles on this blog. I hope that you find it interesting and enjoyable reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment